Thursday, March 6, 2014

What Made Me

     From third grade until present, I have been crazy about one thing. That one thing that involves blood, dirt, wounds, and picking yourself up when others need you. Softball has always been the one thing I know will never let me down. Whether I am playing or coaching I feel as if this is the place I was born to be, and this is the place I will stay forever.
     When I started playing softball I didn't learn how to throw a ball correctly; I learned how to execute plays with precision, and no hesitation. The throwing the ball part was already known. Also, I look for and find opportunities where others see nothing. Fans in the stand don't see that twitch in the foot of the runner on first base before she steals; I do. Part of being a softball player means that I am solution focused.  When my team is down by 4 in the top of the sixth, we find out exactly what we need to do in order for us to score enough points to get the win. Instead of focusing on the problem at hand, I find a solution to remedy the problem. 
     Equally as important as being alert, and willing, being a softball player has taught me to be ambitious. I want amazing - and why shouldn't I? Softballs constantly choose to live the best life they can, instead of watching it coast by. Players don't practice and go through drills on auto pilot. I choose to play my best every day, every rep, every play, down to every single throw. Why? Because to a softball player the game is everything; it's now or never, and don't let your team down. Along with ambitious, we as softball players have clarity about what we want. We visualize and formulate our best reality while others are mere spectators of life. 
     With everything that I do in softball, I carry it over to my day to day life. I use my ability to execute tasks with precision to not waste time on things that won't get me where I need to go. I use my ability to seek opportunities to further my education, and experiences through out my life. I use my ability to be ambitious, and find clarity to hunt for what I need to expand my horizons, and find where I should be. Softball is what made me who I am today. 
My softball team after we won the championship game last season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment